Precious Memories Materials List
You are going to produce old fashioned/ vintage style pieces so bear this in mind when selecting things to bring.
Things you should bring;
- Family photos transferred on to fabric ( use Image transfer paper for white T shirts from WHSmiths to do this)
- Small amounts of fabric eg.
- Old bits of quilt, unfinished patchwork
- Old bits of needlepoint or cross stitch
- Old lace, trimmings, haberdashery
- Bits of tweed
- Worn fabrics – old men’s shirts, foxed curtain linings, plain colours and some patterned but not too new looking. Tea dyeing is always good to age fabrics.
- Old domestic embroidered table linen
- Ephemera you might like to attach – old bits of jewelry, keys, old letters or cards etc
- Some fabrics with flowers on them to use for broder perse
- Old buttons
- Half metre bondaweb
- A metre calico or similar( for foundation of piece)
- A piece of plastic to cover your table for “wet” work
- A small pot of emulsion and a decorating brush to apply it with
- 2 jam jars
Please bring you own sewing scissors, needles, pins and a selection of embroidery threads.
Sewing machine only if you absolutely can’t face hand stitching but bear in mind you will have to carry it up some stairs!
If you are coming by public transport please contact Mandy email@example.com and she will bring you the jars and heavier items.