Explore techniques for capturing natural colours on cloth and paper, bringing colour, mark and hand stitch together. Using gathered materials and plant matter we will make our own inks and experimental mark-making tools, as well as eco-printing on paper and cloth. We will bring these organic marks together with hand stitch in simple but unique hand made book structures.
Alice will provide basic materials but participants are asked to bring a range of their own fabric/paper scraps and threads to work with. Basic sewing kit required. A list of things to bring will be provided nearer the time.
- Unlimited teas/coffees/soft drinks/biscuits
- 2 course hot/cold restaurant lunch
- 3 course carvery style dinner
- Accommodation in double ensuite bedrooms – you have your own room!
- Full English or continental breakfast
- Free parking