CANCELLED – Apologies, but I have had to cancel this Stitch Retreat.
Drawing from Plants –
Learn how to create a laminated folding book using paper and cloth, based on seasonal plants and flowers.
The course will provide you with the skills to:
- Design a simple folding book that is balanced, evocative and captures the theme
- Create simple prints that can be added into your work
- Layer your materials appropriately
- Hand stitch and/or machine stitch your work
In this workshop you will discover and develop the redemptive qualities of old newspapers and books. Create fascinating surfaces on which to print and stitch. Using painted Bondaweb and gilding flake we will explore the possibilities of layered textures combined with firm interfacing, to end up with pieces of work that can be used to make a book covers and or a vessel.
We should have enough time to create at least one stitched slip cover for a book and a stitched sample.
All accommodation and food is included in the price of the Stitch Retreat – £325.
- Unlimited teas/coffees/soft drinks/biscuits
- 2 course hot/cold restaurant lunch
- 3 course carvery style dinner
- Accommodation in double ensuite bedrooms – you have your own room!
- Full English or continental breakfast
- Free parking